Thursday, January 12, 2012



Those who know, do not speak. 
Those who speak, do not know.
  -Lao Tzu

 
Tasting Life 
  
 Before the young man began his studies,
 he wanted assurance from the Master.
"Can you teach me the goal of human life?"
"I cannot," replied the Master.
"Or at least its meaning?"
"I cannot."
"Can you indicate to me the nature of death
 and of life beyond the grave?"
"I cannot."
The young man walked away in scorn. 
The disciples were dismayed that their Master
 had been shown up in a poor light.
Said the Master soothingly,
"Of what is it to comprehend life's nature and life's meaning
 if you have never tasted it?
 I'd rather you ate your pudding than speculated on it."
~ Fr.Anthony De Mello
P.S:
The knowledge and wisdom gained from the master......
is meaningful only to the extent it is applied in one's life.
The master can guide and show the path....
but one must walk the path oneself.
May your day be chock full of miracles !!! 
Namaste,
Bhagya

1 comment: