Thursday, January 5, 2012


No More Smalling Up Of Me


No more meekly saying 'yes'
When my heart is screaming 'no'
No more taming of my feelings
So my power won't show
No more hiding my exuberance
From disapproving eyes
No more watering down myself
So my spirit won't rise


No more 'smalling up' of me
Pretending I am not here
No more running from the music
And the spotlight's glare
No more living in this prison
Barricaded by my fears
No more turning and retreating
In the face of new frontiers


Even as I am speaking
I am taking shape and form
Harnessing my powers
Like a gathering storm
There's no obstacle so bold
As to dare stand in my way
I am taking back my life
And I am doing it today.
~ Jean Wilson


Jean is a Jamaican writer, workshop leader and performance
poet with a special interest in inspirational creative expression.
No More 'Smalling Up' of Me is the title poem of her poetry book published by Ian Randle Publisher's Ltd., Jamaica 


P.S:


Many,many,many thanks to Jean Wilson
  for this amazing poem.


I am sure we can all relate to it......
 because of the way we choose to live our lives.


How very often do we choose to play small ??????????
How often do we choose to say,"yes" when
  we really want to say,"NO' ?????????????????
How often do we present to the world 
 watered down versions of ourselves??????????
How often do we give in to our fears????????
How often do we compromise our desires
 to please someone/others ?????
How often do we turn down opportunities to excel....
 so that we can continue to stay in our uncomfortable
 comfort zones ??????
How long will it take for us to choose to be
 who we truly are ?????


If not now ........then when ???????????????????????


Namaste,
Bhagya


P.P.S:


Many thanks to all those who have very kindly made time to
post some very positive and touching comments.


I sincerely believe that everything good that can be shared.....
must be shared.



1 comment: