Thursday, August 23, 2012

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination." - Henry David Thoreau

Daisies : A field of wild daisies in early Spring. I'd Pick More Daisies

If I had my life to live over, I'd try to make more mistakes next time.

I would relax.

I would limber up.

I would be sillier than I have been this trip.

I know of very few things I would take seriously.

I would be less hygienic.

I would take more chances.

I would make more trips.

I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets.

I would eat more ice cream and less beans.

I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones. You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically and sanely and sensibly, hour after hour, day after day.

Oh, I have had my moments and, if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them.

In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead each day.

I have been one of these people who never go anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat and a parachute.

If I had to do it over again, I would go places and do things and travel lighter than I have.

If I had to live my life over, I would start barefooted earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.

I would play hooky more.

I wouldn't make such good grades, except by accident.

I would ride more merry-go-rounds.

Daisies : single white daisy in a field of manyI'd pick more daisies.

 

By Nadine Stair at age 85

 

Daisies : Daisy field"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." ~Maureen Dowd

 

Daisies : daisies

"If one asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the situation he has prepared for." ~Florence Scovel Shinn

 

.Daisies : wild daisies against blue sky                               P.S We have been schooled into achieving success and abundance in our lives….through struggle and stress.

What if, we decide to take a few things from Nadine’s awareness/realization at age 85 and change the way we choose to go about life,starting today ????

Why wait until 85 ???

It is true that those fortunate choose to learn from the experiences of others ……

Namaste,

Bhagya

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have referred to it many times as it talks of living moment by moment, appreciating the simple things and letting go of the need to strive.

We have the chance NOW to opt for a simpler life, a life of joy, appreciation and ease. Just for today, try to relax and let go, be easy on yourself, do what feels good and maybe pick some daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment