Thursday, July 19, 2012

"If you have one eye on yesterday,

and one eye on tomorrow,

you're going to be cockeyed today."

~Author Unknown


  I woke up early today,

excited over all I get to do before

the clock strikes midnight.

I have responsibilities to fulfil today.

I am important.

My job is to choose what kind of day

I am going to have.


Today I can complain because

the weather is rainy or

I can be thankful that the grass

is getting watered for free.


Today I can feel sad that

I don't have more money

or I can be glad that my finances

encourage me to plan my purchases

wisely and guide me away from waste.


Today I can grumble about my health

or I can rejoice that I am alive.


Today I can lament over all

that my parents didn't give me

when I was growing up

or I can feel grateful that

they allowed me to be born.


Today I can cry because roses

have thorns or I can celebrate

that thorns have roses.


Today I can mourn my lack of friends

or I can excitedly embark upon a

quest to discover new relationships.


Today I can whine because

I have to go to work or I can

shout for joy because

I have a job to do.


Today I can complain

because I have to go to school

or eagerly open my mind and fill it

with rich new tidbits of knowledge.


Today I can murmur dejectedly

because I have to do housework

or I can feel honored because the

Lord has provided shelter

for my mind, body and soul.


Today stretches ahead of me,

waiting to be shaped.

And here I am, the sculptor

who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me.

I get to choose what kind of day I

will have!


~Author Unknown

 

“Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”
― Steve Maraboli

“The beginning is always today.”

― Mary Shelley

P.S:Today is a new day.This moment is a brand new one, filled with infinite possibilities.

You have the tools to create something unique.

What if,it turns out to be a masterpiece…..the world has not yet seen ?????

Namaste,

Bhagya

No comments:

Post a Comment