Saturday, September 1, 2012

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
 Japanese Coin : a japanese coin
Destiny in a Tossed Coin

The Japanese general Nobunaga decided to attack even though he had only one soldier to the enemy's ten. He was sure he would win, but his soldiers were full of doubt.

On the way to battle they stopped at a Shinto shrine. After praying in the shrine, Nobunaga came out and said, "I shall now toss a coin. If it is heads, we shall win. If tails, we shall lose. Destiny will now reveal herself."


He tossed the coin. It was heads. The soldiers were so eager to fight that they wiped out the enemy.

The next day an assistant said to Nobunaga, "No one can change Destiny."

"Quite right, " said Nobunaga, showing him a doubled coin that was heads on both sides.

Who makes Destiny?

~Anthony de Mello

 

Old Japanese Coin : Golden coin with dragon and hierogyph“Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.”― J.K. Rowling

 

Stars On A Dark Night : a star filled night sky background texture

“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.”
William Shakespeare

 

Stained Glass Window : Beautiful stained-glass window“I consider myself a stained-glass window. And this is how I live my life. Closing no doors and covering no windows; I am the multi-colored glass with light filtering through me, in many different shades. Allowing light to shed and fall into many many hues. My job is not to direct anything, but only to filter into many colors. My answer is destiny and my guide is joy. And there you have me.”

― C. JoyBell C.

 Japanese Coin : a japanese coinP.S:

What if, a coin were not to be held responsible for one’s destiny ??

What if,we could change our reality by changing our predominant thoughts,emotions and beliefs????

What if, we could shape our own destiny ????

Namaste,

Bhagya

No comments:

Post a Comment