Saturday, September 15, 2012

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”
~Alan Cohen

Don't Change
I was a neurotic for years. I was anxious and depressed and selfish. Everyone kept telling me to change.
I resented them, and I agreed with them, and I wanted to change, but simply couldn't, no matter how hard I tried.
What hurt the most was that, like the others, my best friend kept insisting that I change. So I felt powerless and trapped.
Then, one day, he said to me, "Don't change. I love you just as you are."
Those words were music to my ears: "Don't change. Don't change. Don't change . . . I love you as you are."
I relaxed. I came alive. And suddenly I changed!
Now I know that I couldn't really change until I found someone who would love me whether I changed or not.
Is this how you love me, God?

~Anthony de Mello

When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.”
~Viktor E. Frankl

Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change.”~Stephen Covey
I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.”
~Plutarch

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.”~Gail Sheehy
P.S: What if, we need not wait for someone to love us as we are before we choose to change???
What if, we choose to love our self so completely that we choose to change for our own sake????
What if ,we could make a decision and choose to change EVERYTHING that blocks us from thriving???????
Namaste,
Bhagya






No comments:

Post a Comment